1. No purchase is required to enter Adoramapix’s Contests.
3. Adoramapix will not verify receipt of entries. Incomplete entries are void. Adoramapix is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, undeliverable or delayed. Facebook entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account at the time of the entry.
4. Our contests are generally open to anyone who is at least 18 years of age and who does not reside in an area where such contests are void by law. In cases where the contest or giveaway is promoted on Facebook, you need a free Facebook account to be eligible (http://www.facebook.com). Persons who have had their Facebook account blocked by Adoramapix are not eligible.
5. Employees (or their immediate families) of Adoramapix, or any subsidiary are not eligible to win our contests or giveaways.
6. Unless otherwise noted, the termination date for eligibility is the final day at Midnight EST.
7. All prize information including prize value is listed with each contest announcement. In each contest or giveaway, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the original promised prize becomes unavailable. Some prizes may be awarded via gift certificate.
8. Adoramapix is not responsible for (1) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (2) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of Adoramapix, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. Adoramapix makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize. Adoramapix reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, due to any other reason beyond the control of Adoramapix.
9. The Grand Prize has no cash value. It may not be exchanged for cash.
10. Photos containing nudity or people depicted in a derogatory or dangerous position will not be accepted. No exceptions. The Adoramapix staff reserves the right to refuse any photograph which they deem unacceptable.
11. The winner does not have to be present for the drawing unless otherwise noted.
12. Winners automatically grant the use of their name and likeness in the promotion of this and other Adoramapix contests.
13. Winners are responsible for applicable state or federal taxes.
14. While the contests are generally open to residents of any country, Adoramapix is not liable for any customs duties or delays. Proof of shipment to the winner’s address shall end any obligation to deliver any prize under these rules. Residents outside of the USA can either claim prize with a U.S. mail address or can request a gift certificate from Adorama of equal or lesser value to the Grand Prize.
15. Adoramapix is not responsible for issues regarding Internet access, Facebook downtime, bounced email or any other technical malfunction beyond its immediate control.
16. There may be only one prize winner per household every 60 days.
17. All Adoramapix contests and giveaways are subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and void where prohibited. It is your responsibility to refrain from entry if our contests or giveaways are illegal in your jurisdiction. If you are declared a winner but contests and giveaways like these are illegal in your jurisdiction, your prize will be forfeited and given to a runner-up.
18. The photograph, in its entirety, must be original material captured by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted image is an original work by contestant and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
19. By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Adoramapix, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winners; publication of a book featuring select entries in the Contest; Online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant’s “moral rights” in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on an Authorized Party’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Adoramapix the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
Rules are subject to change without notice. Some exclusions apply. If you don’t enjoy contests or giveaways, or feel that the Internet is not an appropriate place for such events, please do not participate.
Your Best Shot 2011 Contest
Contest Details – Please Read Carefully!
How to enter:
1. Grand Prize (1 winner): Estimated Value: $1700.00
2. Top 12 Runner Ups: Estimated Value: $25.00
- Each top 12 Runner Up will win an 8x8” -14 page Adoramapix photo book with the winning entries displayed
Dates to Know:
The Deadline: February 29, 2012
A team of Adoramapix Judges will then choose the top 25 images based on technical and artistic ability.
The Vote: March 5-March 12th, 2012
The top 25 images will be posted on the Adoramapix Blog. Adoramapix members will then pick their favorites from the 25 images posted. The top 12 images that receive the most votes will be awarded the Best of 2011 8x8” -14 page Adoramapix Photo Book.
The Winner Announced: March 19th, 2012
A team of Adoramapix Judges will choose the Grand Prize Winner out of the top 12 Best of 2011 winners.
The Winner will be announced via our Blog first, followed by Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and a mail out.
Official Rules: All general Adoramapix Contest Rules Apply
*You will be disqualified if you enter more than one image. If you are not a fan of these contests, please don’t participate. We’ll continue to try to find new contests and new prizes that will make it fun and interesting to be a part of the Adoramapix community. Thank you for your support.
We are so proud to take part in this great contest! It’s the Gig Masters Spectacular Spring Party Contest. Who doesn’t love a party? Some very talented event planners are competing for a Kindle Fire and amazing prizes from GigMasters, WedLock Magazine, Two Bright Lights and US! Please vote for your favorite by clicking HERE. Voting ends tomorrow! Take a peak at some amazing talent!
Photo credit: Brea McDonald, courtesy of The Sweetest Occasion
What an an amazing experience with our “Your Best Shot of 2011″ contest. We were only expecting about 400 entries, what we received was more than 2200! We had people as young as 18 all the way to over 65 years of age entering. People from the heart of New York City all the way to the beauty of Japan entered this contest. We were simply blown away and are so appreciative of everyone’s beautiful work and support in the community. Now comes the tough part — the judging. We have had to push back some of the dates because of the volume of entries. The top 100 will be posted on our facebook wall March 12th. All 100 top entries will receive a free 8×10 metal print from Aluminyze. A new set of judges will then pick the top 25 from those 100. We will release those 25 onto our blog, where you, our blog readers can vote on the top 12. Those top 12 will each receive an 8×8 – 14 page photo book displaying the top 12 images. From those top 12, Adoramapix will pick the Grand Prize Winner. It’s very exciting and can’t wait to see who ends up with the Best Shot of 2011. Thank you all.