So we have a confession to make. We’ve fallen in love with the social media site Pinterest . Our boards have grown into a place of all things photography with gathered information on tutorials, artwork and of course a showcase for our own photo books. We might have also thrown in a surprise Inspiration Board into the mix. We would love for you to follow us, pin our books, and win a prize!
This contest begins on March 10 , 2012, and will run through midnight March 31, 2012. The (1) winner will receive aPanasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 12.1 Digital Camera. (silver) This camera is amazing, it pretty much does everything except your taxes. A winner will be chosen April 2, 2012. Adoramapix’s General Contest Rules and Regulations apply to this contest.
Note: You must be a member of Pinterest.com to enter, and you must be following Adoramapix’s Pinterest pages. Please note that you can repin the photo books from our board, we have gained permission from photographers to repin their books.
With any contest we run, there are rules and regulations. Please read through before entering. Thank you. If you are not a fan of these type of contests, please do not enter.
I will also be updating pictures of our photo books here — these are the books you will be allowed to pin, if you do not have your own photo books. Permission has been granted by photographer. If you pin these, their copyright information must be included.
*Copyright Neliza Ly
*Copyright Neliza Ly
*Copyright Your Photo World Ltd.
* Copyright Your Photo World Ltd.
*Copyright Your Photo World Ltd.
*Copyright Saul Blumenthal
*Copyright Saul Blumenthal
*Copyright Studio 32 Photography
Adoramapix Pinterest Contest rules & regulations (Updated for Adorama’s Rules and Regulations)
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT OR IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor: Adoramapix (the “Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: To be eligible for (the “Contest”), you must be a legal resident of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions), at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. No purchase or fee is necessary to become a member of Pinterest. To join Pinterest, you may request an invitation here, www.Pinterest.com or request a referral from a friend. The Sponsor will not be responsible for inability to enter due to Pinterest waiting lists, technical issues or inability of user to participate.
4. Contest Entry Period: The Contest Entry Period begins on March 10th and ends March 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All Contest Entries must be submitted as described in Paragraph 5 below before the end of the Contest Entry Period. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, including without limitation entries not timely received for any reason including due to Pinterest waiting lists, Internet failures or disruptions, ISP problems or other technical problems with the submission of the Contest Entry.
5. Entry Method: To enter, create a board called “Books we Love.” Upload your own photo of an Adoramapix photo book or repin one of ours onto your Pinterest pinboard and add the hastag #Adoramapix #photo book to be a valid entry. Next, leave a comment under our contest pin and you’re in! The winner will be chosen by lottery. Entrants must be members of the Pinterest online community (which is available free of charge) to enter the Contest. Please note: Pinterest membership availability may be limited and the Sponsor is not responsible for entrants who cannot access that system.
6. Content Restrictions: You may not submit or post anything that is offensive or violates any third party’s rights. For example, your Contest Entry must not contain or reference any of the following:
• Names, identifying information or photos of any persons other than yourself (no friends or other family members)
• Nudity or lewd, vulgar, indecent or obscene images (as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion);
• Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; ( we have obtained permission of all artists pinned on our board, you may repin any on our boards or uplaod your own)
• Material that is copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secrets or otherwise subject to a third party’s proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material;
• Depiction of defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group);
• Third-party trademarks, names or logos; or
• Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country, state or province where the Contest Entry is created.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Contest Entry that does not comply with these Content Restrictions or that Sponsor otherwise deems to be inappropriate in its sole discretion. In the event of disqualification, the Contest Entry will not be judged or considered for a prize.
7. As a condition of entering this Contest, you agree to:
• grant to Sponsor the unconditional and perpetual right to (as appropriate), encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), your name, city and state of residence, and Contest Entry (the link and content on your Pinterest board) in any media throughout the world, including but not limited to, on Sponsor’s Facebook Page (at www.facebook.com/Adoramapix) and on Sponsor’s website (at www.adoramapix.com) for any purpose, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party;
• acknowledge and agree that, if your Contest Entry is chosen as a winner, you will execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release;
• release and agree to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and liabilities (including settlements), due to or arising out of your participation in this Contest, or your conduct during and in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation; and
• agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, Web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of the Contest Entities infringes on the rights of your work as contained in any Contest Entry.
8. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected as follows:
Sponsor will select a winner by using a lottery generator. All people who have successfully entered, their names will be put into a generator and one winner will be chose. Winner will be announced April 2, 2012.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received, the popularity of the entry as determined by online voting, and the quality of the entry compared to other eligible entries received for that category as determined by the Judging Panel based on the judging criteria.
Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to the selection process and schedule as Sponsor determines (in its sole discretion) to be in the best interest of the fair administration or proper conduct of this Contest.
9. Prizes: There is one (1) prize available to be won by an entrant . The prize has a value of an estimated $229.
All prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion, and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash value or substituted, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with either the cash value of the prize, or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Applicable federal, state, provincial or local taxes and any other costs or expenses associated with the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. There will be no other prizes. All prizes will be awarded. Total approximate value of all prizes is $229. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners to a valid U.S. address.
10. To receive a prize, selected entrants must first complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of prize notification by Sponsor. A selected entrant’s prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant at Sponsor’s sole discretion upon the occurrence of any of the following: (i) the failure of a selected entrant to confirm acceptance of the prize and return any required documents within five (5) days of prize notification by Sponsor; (ii) the failure of a selected entrant to correctly answer the skill-testing question (if applicable); (iii) the return of a prize or prize notification to Sponsor as non-deliverable; or (iv) the determination by Sponsor that the selected entrant is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules.
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ALL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY.
11. By participating in the Contest, you agree to comply with these official rules and that Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the web site or any technical failure or malfunction.
IN NO EVENT WILL ANY CONTEST ENTITY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, ANY PRIZES WON, YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY OF SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR THE FACEBOOK WEBSITE (INCLUDING SPONSOR’S FACEBOOK PAGE) OR THE THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION, OR THE ACCESSING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THESE WEB SITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, Internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems, or any other causes, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and determination of fairness, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to select winners from eligible entries received prior to such action, in accordance with these official rules. Sponsor may disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Contest, or violates these official rules.
13. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of you or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. All dollar amounts referred to in these official rules are in U.S. dollars.
We`ve worked hard in compiling the 100 Your Best Shot entries from more than 2200 entries. We had no idea that this contest would register so much interest. We love the fact that people from all over the world, ages 18-68 entered this contest. The next step, a new team of judges will pick the top 25 from this list. We will introduce you to them shortly. In the meantime, if you would like to see the top 100 – you can click HERE.
So to help narrow down the YBS 2011 selections to 25, we invited some experts in their field to help us out. Here is a glimpse into their lives and amazing careers.
First up is Kevin McNeal of Kevin McNeal Photography.
Kevin McNeal is a landscape photographer who resides in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. He focuses on grand colorful landscapes that reflect the most unique places on earth. Capturing moments of magic light and transferring this on print, images behold a combination of perseverance, patience, and dedication to capture the images in ways unseen before. The stories of how these images are rendered come across in the feelings the images convey. Traveling all over North America with his wife by his side, shooting diverse landscapes and finding remote places to bring the message to the public that this Earth is worth saving. He has been teaching workshops for the last couple of years including private and group classes. He has also specializes in post processing of digital photography and teaches Adobe Photoshop classes. He has been published in several magazines including Outdoor Photographer, Nature’s Best, Digital Photo, Photo Plus, and National Geographic.
Thank you for your help Kevin. Your work is inspiring and amazing. If you would like more information on Kevin’s workshops, please click HERE.