Adoramapix Rules and Regulations for 2014 Contests
1. Sponsor: Adoramapix (the “Sponsor”).
2. The entry procedures for each contest are announced on Facebook and here on our blog.
3. Adoramapix will not verify receipt of entries. Incomplete entries are void. Adoramapix is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, undeliverable or delayed. Facebook entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account at the time of the entry.
4. Our contests are generally open to anyone who is at least 18 years of age and who does not reside in an area where such contests are void by law.
4a. In cases where the contest or giveaway is promoted on Facebook, the following applies to each entrant:
A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
5. Employees (or their immediate families) of Adoramapix, or any subsidiary are not eligible to win our contests or giveaways.
6. Unless otherwise noted, the termination date for eligibility is the final day at Midnight EST.
7. All prize information including prize value is listed with each contest announcement. In each contest or giveaway, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the original promised prize becomes unavailable. Some prizes may be awarded via gift certificate.
8. Adoramapix Facebook, Inc., any participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for (1) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (2) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of Adoramapix, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. Adoramapix makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize. Adoramapix reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, due to any other reason beyond the control of Adoramapix.
9. The prizes have no cash value. It may not be exchanged for cash.
10. Content Restrictions: You may not submit or post anything that is offensive or violates any third party’s rights. For example, your Contest Entry must not contain or reference any of the following:
• Nudity or lewd, vulgar, indecent or obscene images (as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion);
• Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; ( we have obtained permission of all artists pinned on our board, you may repin any on our boards or uplaod your own)
• Material that is copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secrets or otherwise subject to a third party’s proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material;
• Depiction of defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group);
• Third-party trademarks, names or logos; or
• Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country, state or province where the Contest Entry is created.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Contest Entry that does not comply with these Content Restrictions or that Sponsor otherwise deems to be inappropriate in its sole discretion. In the event of disqualification, the Contest Entry will not be judged or considered for a prize.
11. The winner does not have to be present at the time of announcement unless otherwise noted.
12. Winners automatically grant the use of their name and likeness in the promotion of this and other Adoramapix contests.
13. Winners are responsible for applicable state or federal taxes as well as shipping and handling. If you live outside the US you are responsible for any taxes, custom duties and shipping in the event you win.
14. While the contests are generally open to residents of any country, Adoramapix is not liable for any customs duties or delays. Proof of shipment to the winner’s address shall end any obligation to deliver any prize under these rules. Residents outside of the USA can either claim prize with a U.S. mail address or can request a gift certificate 1. Sponsor: Adoramapix (the “Sponsor”).
15. Adoramapix is not responsible for issues regarding Internet access, Facebook downtime, bounced email or any other technical malfunction beyond its immediate control.
16. There may be only one prize winner per household every 60 days.
17. All Adoramapix contests and giveaways are subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and void where prohibited. It is your responsibility to refrain from entry if our contests or giveaways are illegal in your jurisdiction. If you are declared a winner but contests and giveaways like these are illegal in your jurisdiction, your prize will be forfeited and given to a runner-up.
18. The photograph and or photo book, in its entirety, must be original material captured by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted image is an original work by contestant and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
19. Copyright: By entering the Contest, Photographer will retain all rights to photograph he/she submits. By entering photography contests, photographer hereby grants Adoramapix (sponsor) (1) a nonexclusive, unconditional, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable ,royalty-free license to reproduce, reformat, adapt, creative derivative works, distribute, transmit, display, make available and perform the photographs photographer submits to Adoramapix (sponsor) in and/or through any and all medium or media, now known or hereinafter developed or discovered, and (2) the right to use your name, city and state in promotions and other publications. Sponsors’ use of the submissions may include without limitation, advertising, promotion and marketing for this year and subsequent years. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Adoramapix the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
20. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY CONTEST ENTITY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, ANY PRIZES WON, YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY OF SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR THE FACEBOOK WEBSITE (INCLUDING SPONSOR’S FACEBOOK PAGE) OR THE THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION, OR THE ACCESSING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THESE WEB SITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
21. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of you or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. All dollar amounts referred to in these official rules are in U.S. dollars.
She lives in one of the most scenic areas in the world and photographs weddings in adverse weather conditions – most notably, the snow. Anastasia Chomlack is from Whistler, British Columbia and she believes whole heartedly in capturing weddings and love with the natural environment that is Whistler. This includes beautiful green pine trees in the summer and breathtaking, snow capped mountains in the winter. Anastasia gives us a few tips on photographing in the snow and cold.
1. STAY WARM.
This goes for the photographer and the client.
I used to apologize to the bride when I was dressed in boots, and layered in jackets and sweaters and she was in a dress… but honestly the warmer I am- the more patient I can be, the more time and care I can take to get the right photo. When photographing a wedding outside my best friends are my fingerless gloves and I have stopped apologizing for that!
Even though the dress may be strapless or lightweight I always encourage my brides who want snow photos to bring warm accessories that make sense in the snow; warm yet cute boots- a shawl, wrap or small jacket- even mittens… I want to take photos that are authentic and real- not just set up and styled. A bride freezing and underdressed in the snow just does not make sense:)
2. Know your snow, and communicate it to your couple.
Small flakes will fall for longer and often that means its colder… large flakes will soon turn to rain and will not last for long. Communicate all of this to your client. The bride in this photo wanted to have the large snowflakes- they started to fall literally minutes before the ceremony- I immediately went to the couple and told them this was the window for large snowflakes and also told them that if we took the photos now they would be wet for the ceremony- They went for it- we spent five minutes outside, the guests loved the opportunity to watch the couple run outside in the snow and these photos were the brides favorites even if her hair was wet for the vows.
I make sure to share all of the different weather possibilities with my couples- and never promise a clean or dry dress after photos. There are so many unknowns when photographing in the winter- it is best to be prepared for anything!
The white dress on the white background can be tricky with the light reflecting off the snow creating highly reflective surfaces. When photographing in the snow I am watching my histogram more then the image itself- knowing that to to get white snow your graph should be roughly in the middle, and to the right.
Especially in the snow you need to remember that you are smarter than your camera- your camera will want to expose to the bright snow and end up creating underexposed photos.
Another tip is to be aware of the time of day- I do everything I can to not shoot in harsh sunlight during these sessions- always location scouting to make sure I can find open shade.
4. PROTECTING YOUR EQUIPMENT.
Moving inside and outside for ceremony, reception and outdoor photos can create condensation and fogging which could limit your readiness to capture an important moment. Knowing my schedule is important- and I try to keep a second camera for indoors ready to go- so that my outdoor camera can warm up gradually to avoid condensation.
Another trick is to invest in some silica bags to put in your camera bag to quicken the drying up.
The cold will also make your batteries drain more quickly so pack extra batteries on cold days!
5. Go with it.5.
We’re so excited to announce that all our custom cover photo books are now available in even numbered page counts. This is the first time we have ever offered this service since we first started producing photo books back in December of 2008. You can now choose between 14 and 76 pages. You have the freedom to build the book you want, without compromising on the beauty and durability you’ve come to expect from AdoramaPix.
Adding extra pages in PixPublisher is easy. All books now start with the minimum 14 pages. Click on the +/- icon at the bottom right corner of the editor screen to add any number of additional spreads to your book. There is a fixed cost for each spread, and the new total cost for your book is reflected in the upper right of the editor on the order button. Once you’ve added pages beyond the minimum of 14, you can remove pages in the same way and just as easily.
We believe this small change will make a big difference when it comes to designing photo books with Adoramapix.
Each week we like to focus on one small area of our PixPublisher Online Software. The tips are designed to enhance your photo books and unleash your creativity.
Today we want to show you how to change the color of your background to suit your lay out in your photo book. This short one minute YouTube gives you the step by step process to changing up the background color.
When TJ got into a rhythm of taking a photo a day, he noticed that he became more aware of the world around him. He said, “The 365 project challenged me pay closer attention to the world around me and pay attention to the light and subject to photograph. Over the year, I began to look at light and events during the day to be photo op. I am now looking for things to take photos of all the time. I think it will make me a better photographer to continue this project for 2014.”