You’ve asked for it and we delivered! Our PixPublisher photo book editor now supports the uploading of PNG files with transparency. This means you can now create your own stickers with which to embellish your photo books! This is great for anyone who wants to add their logo! It’s also great for scrapbookers. Instead of designing it in Photoshop and uploading it, now you can skip that step and upload your strickers straight to your gallery.
So how does it work? At the import step where you upload your photos, just upload your transparent PNG files as you would any other photo. Once you’re in the editor, go to the iamges tab and you’ll see a new category at the bottom called Decorations. That’s wnhere your uploaded PNG files will be.
Enjoy the new welcomed change! By the way, PNGs are intended to be used as stickers/decorations, not as an alternate format for your photos. As a result, when you add them to your book they will be treated as stickers. i.e. you can’t pan, then crop them, frame them, etc. However, you will be able to color fill them and stretch them.
Well, after a lot of brainstorming, a lot of research, and a lot of gathering we have finally polished up our blog and I couldn’t be happier! When I started with Adoramapix, I wanted to make sure that we were more than just a photo lab, we were a place to share ideas and see each other’s work. It’s more about being a community. Although, social media is deemed as social, sometimes you never get to meet your virtual friends face to face or see their incredible work. Well this is a place where we showcase you! This is a place where we show your hard work and your amazing talent.
We will also have the most up to date information on the changes and updates at Adoramapix. Along with timely announcements on our incredible sales. No more searching through Facebook or Twitter! Our search features on the blog will help you find what you are looking for in an instant.
Plus, our fancy schmancy (yes, I know that’s not a word) tile bar at the top shows off your amazing panoramics. I want to thank all that have helped me start the blog — Matthew Pugliese, Patrick Smith, Stacey and Kelly Chance, Affinity Studios, Jimmy Phillips, Pak Ki So, Loren Roberts, Beckie Bragga and Beyti Barbaros. You’ll see their stunning work at the top and in our Members of the Week.
The Dark Side of Deadlines….
Most of us know that creating a deadline on a project is generally a good ideas as this gets people to push their limits in order to accomplish their goals. However, in some cases creating a deadline may just create a mess.
I am talking about deadlines in photo labs. Traditionally, photo labs let their clients know by when they must place their orders so as to have them delivered before the holidays. In the past, we also followed that custom. However, over time we discovered that this often did more harm than good when we received a huge surge of orders at the very last minute.. sometiems more than we could handle. When this surge focused us to push back our deadline by a day or two, this left a bad taste in the mouths of some of our best clients.
This year we have decided to try something new. WE ARE NOT announcing any deadlines, instead we have worked hard to add a live, in-house estimator where we show the current processing time based on our current volume. We encourage everyone to keep checking this and to please place your orders sooner, rather than later. The estimator is located on your home page and gives a guideline to times on prints, posters and custom photo books.*
We hope this will eliminate the pressure from our side so we can focus on delivering the best product for the best price!
Herman Klein -Director
*(The estimator does not give times for gallery wraps, greeting cards or Leather-Lux photo books)
Week # 4 of our Weekly Photo Challenges!
This week’s photo challenge is: Toys! Send us pictures of toys you had as a kid, toys you are giving your kids or toys you see in the stores. Entries should be submitted to : firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries need to be in by Monday December 12, 2011 at midnight EST. Entries will be posted in facebook and the winner will receive $50 in lab credit. Enjoy!
Yes, you read that right – we are having a Holiday Twitter Party — but not just any Twitter Party , it’s an Ugly Sweater Twitter Party. Grab the funkiest sweater you can find in your closet and wear it as we host our first Twitter party Live on Thursday, December 15th at 9pm EST(8pm Central). You’ll get great advice and a chance to win Adoramapix $$!
1. So what happens at a Twitter party? Well we have brought some people in to help you with all sorts of holiday photo dilemmas. We have Neil and Eron of Front Room Photography giving us tips about photographing at night — people, places etc. We have Evan from Photobacks tackling those album design challenges most of us encounter. Then I’ll (Studio 32 Photography) be rounding it out with tips on photographing children — shy ones, crazy ones, playful ones, stubborn ones – you can do it.
2. I still don’t get it! That’s ok , we’ll help. To follow our party on Twitter — you’ll use the hashtag #jinglepix in your conversations. You’ll also need to make sure you are following the host @Adoramapix and the panelists @frphoto, @photobacks and @studio32.
3. This sounds like fun what time is it? It’s Thursday, December 15th, at 9pm EST. (8pm Central) It will last an hour and you can come and go as you please — but you’ll definitely want to stick around for prizes!
4. Oh, what can I win? There will be several Adoramapix $$ prizes. Here is a list of the prizes 1. Grand Prize : (one) $100 in Adoramapix credit prize 2. (two) $50 Adoramapix credit prizes 3. (four) $25 Adoramapix credit prizes.
5. How do I win? Well, you need to show up and be active — the panelists will be asking questions — when you answer using #jinglepix, you’ll automatically be entered to win a prize. Prizes will be announced at the end of the party.
6. Why do I need to wear an ugly sweater, you can’t see me? Because it’s fun! Feel free to tweet pix of yourselves in those sweaters — I plan on doing it.
Details again for #jinglepix Adoramapix Twitter Party:
When: Thursday, December 15, 2011 9pm-10pm EST (8pm-9pm Central)
Where: Twitter! Make sure to follow @Adoramapix @frphoto @photobacks @studio32
How do I join? Follow us and use the hashtag #jinglepix to follow the conversations
Who: Anyone using Twitter! (you should also have account set up with us, in case you win the prize $$)
Why? Because it’s fun and you could win $$!