Week # 4 of our Weekly Photo Challenges!
This week’s photo challenge is: Toys! Send us pictures of toys you had as a kid, toys you are giving your kids or toys you see in the stores. Entries should be submitted to : firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries need to be in by Monday December 12, 2011 at midnight EST. Entries will be posted in facebook and the winner will receive $50 in lab credit. Enjoy!
Yes, you read that right – we are having a Holiday Twitter Party — but not just any Twitter Party , it’s an Ugly Sweater Twitter Party. Grab the funkiest sweater you can find in your closet and wear it as we host our first Twitter party Live on Thursday, December 15th at 9pm EST(8pm Central). You’ll get great advice and a chance to win Adoramapix $$!
1. So what happens at a Twitter party? Well we have brought some people in to help you with all sorts of holiday photo dilemmas. We have Neil and Eron of Front Room Photography giving us tips about photographing at night — people, places etc. We have Evan from Photobacks tackling those album design challenges most of us encounter. Then I’ll (Studio 32 Photography) be rounding it out with tips on photographing children — shy ones, crazy ones, playful ones, stubborn ones – you can do it.
2. I still don’t get it! That’s ok , we’ll help. To follow our party on Twitter — you’ll use the hashtag #jinglepix in your conversations. You’ll also need to make sure you are following the host @Adoramapix and the panelists @frphoto, @photobacks and @studio32.
3. This sounds like fun what time is it? It’s Thursday, December 15th, at 9pm EST. (8pm Central) It will last an hour and you can come and go as you please — but you’ll definitely want to stick around for prizes!
4. Oh, what can I win? There will be several Adoramapix $$ prizes. Here is a list of the prizes 1. Grand Prize : (one) $100 in Adoramapix credit prize 2. (two) $50 Adoramapix credit prizes 3. (four) $25 Adoramapix credit prizes.
5. How do I win? Well, you need to show up and be active — the panelists will be asking questions — when you answer using #jinglepix, you’ll automatically be entered to win a prize. Prizes will be announced at the end of the party.
6. Why do I need to wear an ugly sweater, you can’t see me? Because it’s fun! Feel free to tweet pix of yourselves in those sweaters — I plan on doing it.
Details again for #jinglepix Adoramapix Twitter Party:
When: Thursday, December 15, 2011 9pm-10pm EST (8pm-9pm Central)
Where: Twitter! Make sure to follow @Adoramapix @frphoto @photobacks @studio32
How do I join? Follow us and use the hashtag #jinglepix to follow the conversations
Who: Anyone using Twitter! (you should also have account set up with us, in case you win the prize $$)
Why? Because it’s fun and you could win $$!
We want to thank everyone who has so generously given their time and talent to helping the North Shore Animal League America by buying their 2012 calendar. The calendar would not have been possible without the help and support of Beth and Howard Stern.
To commemorate each month of 2012, Beth and Howard Stern have generously donated their time and love in support of creating a one-of-a kind calendar showcasing the precious, healthy canines and felines that can be found in local shelters. And thanks to the thousands of people who ordered the calendars, now these pets will be able to find warm and happy homes.
With each turn of the calendar page, animal lovers are welcomed by colorful and fun images of Beth and many adoptable and lovable Animal League pets. Each year, the Animal League rescues, nurtures and adopts nearly 20,000 dogs, cats, puppies and kittens into permanent and happy homes.
Adoramapix is so proud to be a sponsor of the 2012 calendar. The support has been amazing and the calendars have been flying off the shelves. So thank you again for supporting such an amazing charity. Due to the extreme high demand, any orders placed after December 6th, 2011 can not be guaranteed to arrive by Christmas Day. However, please know that your continued support is very important in helping save the lives of thousands of pets and we appreciate every single order. Thank you again for the support.
‘Tis the Season of Giving. What better way to give back as a photographer, than by giving someone your time and talent? Adoramapix is proud to be involved with Help Portrait which is set for tomorrow, Saturday, December 10, 2011. Help-Portrait is a global movement of photographers using their time, gear and expertise to give back to those in need.
Help Portrait was founded by Celebrity Photographer Jeremy Cowart. Tomorrow, photographers from around the world will be grabbing their cameras, finding people in need and taking their picture. When the prints are ready, the photographs get delivered.
Yes — it really is as easy as that.
This is about GIVING the pictures, not taking them. The portraits are not for portfolios, websites, or for sale. This holiday season, we all have the chance to give a family something they may have never had before—a portrait together. It’s as simple and as moving as that – a moment in time captured forever and lasting a lifetime.
Even if you are not available tomorrow to take portraits, your donations are still needed. If you would like to donate please click Here.
We have a Twitter Party Thursday night from 9pm EST to 10pm EST.
We want to help you during the holidays including :
1. How to photograph children.You can easily go from this:
Just simply follow us @Adoramapix and @Studio32 and use the hashtag #jinglepix to follow the conversastion.
2. So you want to build better albums? We can help! How about this?
Just follow s @Adoramapix and @photobacks and use the hashtag #jinglepix to follow the conversastion.
Or how about being able to photograph people at night? You can do something like this!
Just follow us @Adoramapix and @frphoto and use the hashtag #jinglepix to follow the conversation.
We have lots of great prizes including a special prize for the person who tweets us a picture of their ugly holiday sweater!
Follow us @Adoramapix, @studio32, @photobacks, @frphoto and use the hastag #jinglepix on Thursday, December 15, 9pm EST. See you there!